[opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Status Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:28:38 +0100

present: froh, mls, rlihm, adrian, poeml
guest: msrex

Status
======

froh:
* need second repo for publishing svn trunk packages of OBS
AI: adrian create one -> done (openSUSE:Tools:Unstable)

mls:
* fine tuning on scheduling algorithm, it shall look a bit more often
for Factory related projects now.
* Slow down is also caused by checking projects, even when projects
did not change. Need to fix that.

rlihm:
* worked on improving UI for repo addition page for FOSDEM.

adrian:
* imageing scheduling does work now, working on worker code now.
* Discussed a concept for openSUSE:Factory checkins
(esp. discussing review states). Need to write it down and to follow up.

poeml:
* FOSDEM preparations
* Wrote mirror setup how-to. We have currently the problem that the
repositories/ tree is already too large for the mirrors.
Thinking about a way to promote the more often downloaded repos.
We need the download stats update again soon.
AI: abauer look into the status of the current code, if we can
activate it again.
* We may should offer a rsync modul, what offers only the more often
downloaded repos and update that one regulary.
* We need more mirrors, which accepts the push mechanism
(we have currently only 5).
* ftp crashed multiple times, looks like a network card driver problem.
Hardware is scheduled for exchange anyway.

This week:
* merge request handling until end of week. AI: abauer
* Basic image building should work for internal usage. AI: adrian
* Release updated packages of version 0.5 with critical bugfix to avoid
unwanted repo removal. (AI: mls/froh)
* Need to follow up LSB build target discussion. AI: adrian

Discussion how to handle changed packages.
* We want to encourage everybody to work on packages from openSUSE:Factory.