[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Factory (i586) is broken atm
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:03:10 +0100

Hi,

OBS packagers might notice seg faults when the build enviroment gets setup
since 1 or 2 days. I first thought these are broken build hosts, but a second
look tells me that this seems to be a problem within the distribution.

This bug is only visible for i586 in the OBS (since only i586 build does reuse
its packages), but the bug itself may also exist for the other architectures.
So I would not update to Factory currently, if you like to mount your
filesystems ;)

Unfortunatly, I can not debug or workaround this from here (secret place where
I stay atm ;). So this will not be fixed before tomorrow ...

OBS packagers, please ignore the problem for now, we will most likely need to
trigger anyway a complete rebuild when fixing this problem.

The problem is that the mount command itself is segfaulting when trying to
enable the write mode in the FS. Since this fails, no build can work. A
typical build log ends with these lines:

Mounting root /dev/hda1
ReiserFS: hda1: found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal
ReiserFS: hda1: using ordered data mode
reiserfs: using flush barriers
ReiserFS: hda1: journal params: device hda1, size 8192, journal first block
18, max trans len 1024, max batch 900, max commit age 30, max trans age 30
ReiserFS: hda1: checking transaction log (hda1)
ReiserFS: hda1: Using r5 hash to sort names
machine type: x86_64
switching personality to 134217736...
machine type: i686
mount[599]: segfault at 00000000bf800000 rip 00000000b7e79a9c rsp
00000000bf847bd0 error 4
/.build/build: line 218: 599 Segmentation fault mount -n -o
remount,rw /
mknod: `/dev/hda2': Read-only file system