Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Instruction on http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds are not useful for creating .deb packages
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:42:39 +0100
On Fri, Feb 01, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:

I rewrite the page with a first version of instruction for do it.
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

Please... give me any kind of suggestion, correction, question, etc.

With your instructions I was able to build a package. Great, thanks!

I still have these problems:

- package name must be lowercase, at least at some places. Does anybody know
the exact rules?

That's documented in the Debian Policy Manual:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Package

[...]

5.6.7 Package

The name of the binary package.

Package names must consist only of lower case letters (a-z), digits (0-9),
plus (+) and minus (-) signs, and periods (.). They must be at least two
characters long and must start with an alphanumeric character.

[...]

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger