Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Instruction on http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds are not useful for creating .deb packages
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:23:55 +0100
G. Massera wrote:
Vladimir Nadvornik ha scritto:
On středa 30 leden 2008, G. Massera wrote:
I rewrite the page with a first version of instruction for do it.
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

Please... give me any kind of suggestion, correction, question, etc.

- I haven't found how to apply the same patches as in RPM package.

Instead, for the patches ... all the sources file of your project are
stored in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/
So, in the debian.rules, just before to compile, you can apply the patch
with the command patch:
patch -P1 < /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/somePatch1.pacth
patch -P1 < /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/somePatchN.pacth

Let me know if it works... so, I'll update the instructions on the wiki.

I've never tried it, but there should be some support for multiple
patches in the bs:
"Making debian builds easier"
http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html

hth,