Re: [opensuse-buildservice] link_pac
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:38:55 -0500

On 2008-01-30 16:32:09 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
I wrote a plugin (attached) that compares two repos using the nice rdiff
command and if the packages are identical creates a link in the
destination repo (useful for doing your work in a repo, submitting to
autobuild and cleaning up later).

What I'm not sure though is how to guarantee the link is used instead of
the files in the project. Should I remove those files from the package
before creating the link? Could link_pac take an argument that removes
any existing files?

At the moment there isn't an argument for such a task.
By the way wouldn't it be better to use an aggregate instead of a link? If
the sources are equal this would save some build power.

The argument is that simply doing "osc linkpac ..." may not do exactly
what the user expects if the destination package already exists.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell, Inc.