[opensuse-buildservice] build service team meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:25:49 +0100

Topics:
=======

* OBS server stability
* iChain frontend move
* Factory build status
* merge request

rlihm:
* Got Drag and Drop feature working for all browsers except IE.
* Want to create css components list, which can be reused.

mls:
* worked on server move.
* fixed scheduler bugs, to make blocking working
* Activated new key creation for project repositories.

abauer:
* Working on fixing a new bug appeared after the move. Uploading files
via remote URLs in the web interface get corrupted atm.
* worked on server move.
* Prepare talk doing proper project and package setup in OBS.

poeml:
* working on redirector issues
* osc plugins from ximian team to be merged into osc svn.

adrian:
* fixing some broken base distributions (Fedora, Debian for x86_64).
* continue to work on imaging support (deps get calculated based on kiwi
files now)
* lost last weeks protocoll due to X Server crash :/

mrueckert:
* Working on new ruby on rails packages to allow easier installation of
obs-server packages.

Topics:
=======

OBS Server Stability
The new backend server did run well for some days, however it crashed
two times today. So we installed the old backend server again to be able
to debug the new hardware.
This was also causing a not very reactive scheduler today, because the
scheduler needs > 2 hours to start up after an unclean shutdown.

iChain frontend:
A planned move of the iChain proxy to Provo would slow down the api by
factor 3-4. Novell IS&T is looking for alternative solutions atm.

Factory Build Status:
The Factory build of i586 started with 1600 expansion errors, mostly caused
by missing sources in our Factory distribution. We are in the process
of cleaning/fixing our disitribution to fix this and reached already <900
expansion errors.
The server downtimes caused a delay to finalize the build of Factory so
far.

Merge Request:
The concept seems to be setteled now.
AI: mls/abauer clarify details how to implement it.