Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Which directory structure under /srv/obs/build for Ubuntu/Debian builds?
  • From: Christopher Lang <christopher.lang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:33:04 +0100

Michael,

thanks!
that's very helpful!

Chris

Am Samstag 19 Januar 2008 15:13:38 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 02:19:51AM +0100, Christopher Lang wrote:
I am experimenting with a local obs and so far I like it quite a lot!

I have a question with regard to the directory structure for base
packages:

The directory tree structure for the base repository packages according
to:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Build_Service_Installation_Tutorial/
openSUSE_10.2#Setup_Initial_Distributions

looks like this:

chris@builder:/srv/obs> tree build/
build/

|-- SUSE:SL-10.1
| `-- standard
| `-- i586
|
| | `-- :full
| | `-- *.i586.rpm
|
| `-- noarch
|
| | `-- :full
| | `-- *.noarch.rpm
|
| `-- x86_64
| `-- :full
| `-- *.x86_64.rpm

This is actually not 100% correct, as what looks like rpm architectures
are in reality build architectures. I.e., you have to have the noarch
rpms in both i586 and x86_64.

|-- Ubuntu:7.04
| `-- standard

????

My question is: What would be the proper directory structure for an
Ubuntu or Debian base repository?

Just copy all .deb files from the Debian repository path pool/main into
the standard/ dir?

Yes, that's one solution. Copy them to standard/i586.
As an alternative, you can create a ":full.subdirs" file, which
can point to subdirectories that should be used.

Here's an example

|-- SUSE:SL-10.1
| `-- standard
| `-- i586
|
| | `-- :full symbolic link to some directory
| |
| | :full.subdirs file containing "i586 noarch"

The subdirs entries can't be absolute paths at the moment, which
can be considered a bug.

Note that if a full tree contains multiple versions of a package
it is currently undefined which of them will be used for building.
Strange thinks like build cycles may happen.

Cheers,
Michael.