[opensuse-buildservice] Unable to build kernel modules
  • From: "Jon Nelson" <jnelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:29:18 -0600
I've recently run into a problem.
I updated my specfile for an updated version of the upstream module.
The only changes I made were to the version info, and I scheduled a
rebuild, which appeared to work. However, only the src rpm got built.

Eventually, I tracked it down to %flavors_to_build is now, somehow, empty.

I am using the opensuse 10.3 updated repo.
I do depend on kernel-source (which provides the appropriate rpm smarts):

BuildRequires: kernel-source procps module-init-tools

and I am including the appropriate macro:

%suse_kernel_module_package kdump um

In %build I have this:

echo "Building Flavors: %flavors_to_build"

and in the build log I see:

+ echo 'Building Flavors: '
Building Flavors:

The kernel-source package being installed by the build service is:

installing kernel-source-2.6.22.13-0.3

which is the same that I have at home.
The same specfile (via rpmbuild -ba ...) works fine at home.

Can anybody tell me what's going on?

--
Jon