Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Suggested package updates
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:04:58 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Krzysztof Kotlenga wrote:

Hi.
Suggested package updates:

Name Current New Repos
python-qt4 4.3 4.3.3 standard, devel:languages:python
python-sip 4.7 4.7.3 standard, devel:languages:python
eric 4.0.1 4.0.3 standard
gajim 0.11.1 0.11.4 server:messaging
gpsd 2.34 2.35 Application:Geo

gpsd done.

lyx 1.5.1 1.5.2 standard, KDE:Backports
ntfsprogs 1.13 2.0.0 standard, filesystems

BTW:
Which mailing list is best for reporting outdated packages?

This. Thought the soon finished bugtracking possibility will be better I think :-)

Where can I know why some packages are in more than one repo?

Ask the maintainers. Sometimes they are needed to resolve dependencies. Somtimes parallel developments.

Why standard repo is so poor and I have to use gazillion of BS repos?

Good question :-)

Ciao