Re: [opensuse-buildservice] reporting bugs against buildservice projects/packages now possible
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:15:02 +0100
Hello,

on Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2007, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Wednesday 12 December 2007 15:22:29 wrote Dominique Leuenberger:
[...] I think it would be good to have a Report Bug link also on
the software.o.o/search interface. Is more likely that an end user
get's a packet from there.

we do not want to expose the email adress to the public to avoid
spam. So only logged-in users shall see it. software.o.o has not yet
an authentification mechanism, this comes later and than we can also
a bugreport link there.

There was a discussion some time ago to have a small redirector script
on bugzilla.novell.com which takes the iChain username as parameter and
redirects to enter_bug.cgi with the mail address as parameter.
(No need to hack bugzilla, just a standalone script that enforces login,
queries iChain for the mail address and does a redirect to
enter_bug.cgi pre-populated with the assignee etc.)

An advantage would be that the login would happen on *.novell.com,
avoiding the need to login two times (on build/software.o.o and
bugzilla.novell.com).

Another advantage: The buildservice could include the "report bug" URL
in the packages (Example: "Packager:
http://bugzilla.novell.com/obsbug.cgi?user=cboltz&package=foobar-1.42";)

Is this possible?

However, we wanted to create a link from software.o.o to build.o.o to
allow bugreporting via one more indirection for now.

Yes, it's a good start.

Some minor issues:

The project page is inconsistent regarding linebreak. home:cboltz now
looks like this:

[Watch this project]
[Create Subproject]
[Delete Project] [Report Bug]

-> please decide if you want all links in one line (like on the package
page) or add another line break between the last two links

Can the bugreport be pre-populated with the project and package name?

For example, add something like this to the "report bug" link:
...&comment=home:cboltz%20package_name%201.42
(maybe this should even go into the summary - opinions?)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wieso ich, ich habe 1,5 Mbit anbindung, ständig.
Du? Oder dein Rechner? :-)