Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build KMP's against latest 10.3 update kernel?
  • From: Helmut Schaa <hschaa@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:19:32 +0100
Am Freitag, 7. Dezember 2007 13:02:52 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Friday 07 December 2007 12:35:20 wrote Marcus Meissner:
On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 01:32:24PM +0200, Christof Hanke wrote:
Hi,

Helmut Schaa wrote:
I have problems building a KMP against the latest 10.3 update kernel
at [1]. I selected "openSUSE:10.3:Update/standard" as repository but
it is still built against the original 10.3 kernel.

Can somebody give me a hint?

I've been pondering about this for a while, since I'd like to compile
modules for a variety of kernel-versions. In my understanding, you'll
always get only one version (the original) with the repositories.
I think what I'll do is to include the header files of all kernels I'd
like to have the binary-module for as source files in the spec file and
then compile it against those.
But maybe someone has a better idea.

The Update repository should have our latest kernel update too. If not,
ask Adrian.

We had a missconfiguration for 10.3. This is fixed now, kernel packages
gets uploaded to the :Update repo.

You do not need to do anything, the build service scheduler will see the
change and trigger all affected packages.

Thanks :)

Helmut