Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Questions for games:* repos
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:09:11 +0100
Hello

On 12/5/2007 at 12:44 PM, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Games:strategy:turn-based builds against games:libs repositories (instead
of,
like now, against openSUSE_xx.x)
This offers all the libs available in games:libs at any time and reduces the
need of the links / aggregates.

This is definitively a good idea. I will do it this way afterwards if
there are no objections.

Thanks.. I ithink it's a step in the right direction

games:libs being built against the JAVA repositories, as I think there will
be more games coming with potential Java requirements (I was looking a bit
into Slam Soccer).
The Java remain, as is, built against the openSUSE_xx.x repositories.

However, I'm not quite sure about this. As far as I know Java packaging
makes wrinkles on packagers' foreheads and I would like to hear more
comments on this from games:* maintainers and maybe some Java packagers,
before we build games:libs against Java repos.

Well: not everybody will have to package something in Java. But having the libs
built against java (and thus having java available for packaging) allows some
packagers to use it (and no worries about my wrinkles: they are deep and many).

I have more the 'end user' in mind in this case than the packagers.

Dominique

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,000 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly
throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and
visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.