[opensuse-buildservice] Call for testers
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:27:02 +0100
Hello everybody,

during the openSUSE Packaging Day(s) [1] last weekend, I 'created' several
packages.
It was a very nice atmosphere in the channel and I felt people were very
helpful to each other. I would like to express a big thank you at this place to
all participants!

I would like to get some testing on them, so I can start moving them to some
more prominent places (especially out of home:).

the packages are:
* Misfit Model 3D (3D modeling)
As requested by Beineri... I have no clue what that product should be able
to do (it starts at mine). So please:
give it a test run and if you tell me it's ok, we'll try finding a nice
place for it
* Nautilus Image Converter (from the gnome-wish list)
A very nice small addon for Nautilus (resize / convert images with right
clicks).
It works (I have it installed myself), but more testing is always welcome.
-> I would somehow like to see this in GNOME:Community or GNOME:Stable,
opting even for Distro inclusion.
* KCometen3 (OpenGL KDE Screen saver / ready. Thank you Dirk!)
As requested by Beineri. He made a short test and it seemed ok for him. I
lack KDE, so I can't test myself.
* FreeCol (games-wish list / ready)
A nice looking game. With some test reports, I will move it to
games:strategy:turn-based
* Comix (gnome-wish list / ready.. tester needed!)
Was a request from the Gnome Wishlist. I have no CBR files and can thus not
test much. The program starts though.
Testers and feedback wanted please.
* Tomboy-Reminder 0.9 (gnome-wish list / not compatible with tomboy >= 0.7.2
thus only package for OS 10.2)
This PlugIn for Tomboy was packaged. But only for openSUSE 10.2. Tomboy
changed the interface with Version 0.7.2, and they do not have Plugins anymore.
They now have Addins. So I'll try to get in touch with the original Author to
see if there is an update available / planned. Testing is welcome here too
* Super Maryo Chronicles (games-wish list)
That one was a nasty chicken: packaging did not cause much trouble, but on
start it segfaulted. The problem was localized in the used libdevil 1.6.8rc2
library (copied from games:libs) and a patch was added to that library. So if
you should wish to test this game, please make sure to take libdevil also from
my home: repo! After the lib will be updated in games:libs (maintainer
contacted already), I will move the game to games:arcade

So now, where can you find all those goodies? Head right over to [2]

Thanks for your valuable testing time!

Dominique

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Packaging_Day
[2] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dimstar:/packagingday/

--
Sorry for the disclaimer coming now.

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,000 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly
throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and
visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.