Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New project "drivers:wireless"
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:03:01 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 29. November 2007 17:08 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Thursday 29 November 2007 16:23:09 wrote Marcus Rueckert:

why? how about fixing the drivers instead? i dont see why changing the
project name would help here.
Fixing: Filing patch merge requests as soon it's implemented. But this
seems to be about "taking maintainership" which is another story.

First of all, I am not sure that Helmut wanted to fix these at all.

Another problem here is that I currently consider exchanging the people with
write permission as evil. Because users may have decided to trust the current
people, but they do not know about Helmut yet. And we have no way to notify
them.
Write permission may only be given by the current maintainers of the project
to others. So the trust is given to the new maintainer by the person
that is already trusted. I think that's ok.

OTOH I agree with Adrian that we must not simply switch maintainer through
admin power.

Therefore changing the repo URL is the safer way in my opinion.
Yes, but that's also ugly.

Having just thought about the /requests/ API path we could have a
"This seems to be a rotten project" request that triggers $ACTION.

Ideas?

Klaas

--
Klaas Freitag Architect OPS/IPD