Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OSC changing the metadata format on update
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:17:00 +0100
From a brief look at the metadata I realized that it is all written in
XML. Why don't we make use of that fact? Creating a schema that is backwards
and forward compatible?

I think we do that already as far as possible. But there _can_ be
changes which would not be covered. First, osc basically saves metadata
as it looks like when it comes from the api. Thus, if it is changed
upstreams, osc needs to notice. Second, there can be other metadata in
.osc, which is not xml.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development