Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Local Open Build Service hardware requirements
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:53:15 +0100
On Monday 12 November 2007 10:45:21 wrote Jordi Massaguer i Pla:
Hi,

I am evaluating the implementation of a local build service for a
derived and customized distribution (building and mantaining it up to
date). This means, rebuilding only some packages and building a few
more. Let's say around 100 packages and 5 to 10 builds each day. Right
now it is build only for i386, but will be nice to build it also for
other architectures.

However, I have no idea about the hardware requirements for that. Can
you give me some advice? Which are the variables that should be
considered?

Depends how long you are willing to wait ;)

We usually esitmate to build 6000 source packages within 24 hours using 40
build instances ( 1 CPU core, 0.5 GB memory, 20 GB hdd )

so, you can may calculate what you will need.

5 to 10 builds each can get done by a single system (except all jobs are
OpenOffice.org), I think.

bye
adrian