Re: [opensuse-buildservice] offline build support (was: NewopenSUSE Buildservice Roadmap)
  • From: Michael Wolf <maw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:28:55 -0500
On Tue, 2007-23-10 at 21:35 +0200, Marcus Hüwe wrote:

Hmm I'm not quite sure if such an --offline feature makes much sense.
The packagecachedir (where osc stores the downloaded rpms) has to be always
in sync with the "latest buildinfo" file. This is no problem when this package
only uses rpms from the "standard" repo (which won't get rebuilded) but
if this package uses files from its own project it could be a problem.

I guess its use implies that its user knows what he's doing, which isn't
a bad assumption for a command-line tool used primarily by hackers to
make. :)