Re: [opensuse-buildservice] slow access to website
  • From: John Pye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:56:17 +1000
Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
Hi John,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 10:08:52AM +1000, John Pye wrote:

It often takes as long as 10 seconds or more for the Build Service login
to appear when I first visit the build.opensuse.org site on any given
day. It looks as though the problem might be the DNS, possibly? I wonder
if there is anything that could be done to speed up the initial access
to Build Service?

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnstime.ch?name=build.opensuse.org&type=A

I can't reproduce the problem, and I can resolve build.opensuse.org just
fine. But I'll speak to our DNS experts about it.

Hi Peter

I checked again by logging out of the web UI and launching a new browser
window. I found that it's not the DNS lookup that's taking time, it's
the initial login screen. Within about a second, Firefox shows
"Connected to build.opensuse.org" but then nothing appears. Just now, it
took *28 seconds* for anything to appear, when finally the following URL
appeared:

https://build.opensuse.org/ICSLogin/?%22https://build.opensuse.org/privacy/ichain_login%22

FWIW the shortcut that I have in my Firefox toolbar, which is what I'm
first hitting, is the following:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Ajdpipe

Could it be that there is some internal database lookup happening here
that is slowing things down at your end?

Peter

--
John Pye
http://pye.dyndns.org/