Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Redirector issues.
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:39:12 +0200
* Dr. Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> [Oct 25. 2007 17:11]:
On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 04:56:02PM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
Please help me understand where the 'stickyness' comes from.

Thanks for the explanation !

In this context it means:

Once a client has redirected to a certain mirror, it is redirected to
the same mirror again on the next request, and not to another randomly
chosen one.

Am I right to rephrase "it is redirected to the same mirror again on
the next request" as "the redirector is introducing the stickyness" ?

[...]
Is the redirector pointing to a mirror once or issuing a http redirect
for every request ?

For every request. Thus working on a file basis.

Understood, thanks !

Klaus
---