Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New openSUSE Buildservice Roadmap
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:24:56 -0600
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
As the question goes, whether to switch to some distributed version
control paradigm (whatever its name), I can't see a projected switch as
a pure advantage. On the contary, I believe that there are two parties
with different interests: one that prefers the distributed paradigm, and
one that prefers the centralized paradigm. I personally think that both
approaches make sense. But I know for sure that just as there are people
who feel severely hindered by a subversion-like approach, there are
others that would hate to work with the git "pile of crap". I estimate
that the git addicts are a minority -- but who knows?

I use osc and really like it for what it does. I do like git. I do not
think I am an addict, but I find it a lot more useful than svn, when many
people are working and modifing the same code base. SVN and GIT each have
there strengths and weaknesses. I would like to see git used. I think
having git and osc should be able to co-exist.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>