Re: [opensuse-buildservice] making rpm for hdf5 library
  • From: Werner Hoch <werner.ho@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:50:25 +0100
Hi David,

On Sunday 18 March 2007 00:24, David Strozzi wrote:
> It seems the HDF5 library isn't available, either on the buildservice
> or doing a search in yast on my standard locations.

Haven't seen it either.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service

> I've never made an rpm, so where should i start
> learning about this?

Ok, then you should read this too:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial

> I was able to successfully make the hdf5
> package (from the hdf5 website) on my machine.

That's allways a good sign.

Some extra hints:
If there's a package for Fedora you can have a look into the src.rpm:
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/devel/x86_64/hdf5-devel-1.6.5-7.fc7.x86_64.html

Sometimes there are useful patches or building notes in their rpms.

BTW: Can you drop me a note after you've build the package. I'd like to
add or link it to the science project.

Regards
Werner