[opensuse-buildservice] SPEC-File patching
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:06:50 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

Is it possible or can it be implemented to have a patchfile for the SPEC
File?

When I link to a package of another project I usually detect errors in the
specfile, which prevent build for some targets/destinations/...

I then checkin my own SPEC-File to fix that. But this has some
disadvantages:
- It's impossible to see, what I changed,
- Changes in the original project are not copied

Checking in a file xxx.spec.patch would make it easier to do such things.
Also you can then send the original package maintainer a link to the new
package and he/she can look at the diff file and maybe include this stuff
in the original package.

Ciao