Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Other things to build then RPM's ...
  • From: Joe Shaw <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:45:22 -0500
Hi,

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 16:12 +0100, Sonja Krause-Harder wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 03:56:39PM +0100, Jochen Hebbrecht wrote:
> > 2007/3/7, Sonja Krause-Harder <skh@xxxxxxx>:
> >
> > >Hm, the build service is designed to build installable packages, in rpm
> > >and deb format, so your wish is outside the project scope.
> >
> > I can't find any information about the deb format. How do you define
> > build.deb?
>
> I severely lack clue about debian packages, but the usual strategy
> includes hunting down projects already in the build service with working
> packages for Ubuntu or Debian, and learning from them. As an example,
> the screen project seems to build on Debian Etch, and there may be
> others.

Yeah, a tutorial from someone who has successfully built Debian packages
in the buildservice would be greatly appreciated. Especially if written
for those of us who are basically clueless about Debian packaging.

On a somewhat related note, the version of Ubuntu in the buildservice is
pretty old. The 6.10 (Edgy) release is newer than the 6.06 LTS (Dapper)
release currently in the buildservice, and the 7.04 (Feisty) release is
due out next month. It would be helpful to have those in the build
service as well.

Joe