[opensuse-buildservice] Other things to build then RPM's ...
  • From: "Jochen Hebbrecht" <jochenhebbrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:34:09 +0100
Imagine I also want to build OTHER things then RPM's. I have for
example a lot of Java projects which I build with Maven. The problem
is : the buildservice is using a spec file?!

What can I do to build a Maven project?

I could define a "dummy spec" file.

%build
=> nothing

%install
mvn blabla ....

.... and then just pack the WAR file in the RPM and deliver it.

But that's not what I want. I want my buildscript to say: hey you!
build me this using maven and deliver me a WAR file, and no RPM

Is that situation possible?
And what happens when you build on the Ubuntu distro? Ubuntu isn't
really able to build RPM's ...