[opensuse-buildservice] linking to packages built with the build service
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:14:43 +0100
Hello!

Currently there is no way to link to a package built on the build service
because if we do so this link will break on every rebuild since the release
number will change.

Because of that I recommmend to automatically create symbolic links without
the version number as we have in the update directories on ftp.suse.com. For
example:

zypper.rpm -> zypper-0.6.15-0.1.i586.rpm

If we do so we can just link to
http://software.opensuse.com/download/.../packagename.rpm. This link will
never break due to an automatic rebuild.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxx