[opensuse-buildservice] OT: How to get path out of autoconf into source
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:46:40 +0100 (CET)
----- Message Text -----
Hello,

it is a bit off topic, but I don't know a better address. I try to fix my
pavuk package so it builds correctly. Instead of doing workaroungs I
wanted to fix it correctly.

Now the main problem is:
- How do I get a pathinformation (e.g. $localedir) from the
configure-script into the configure header ac-config.h?

When I do AC_DEFINE I get the path, but with e.g. "${prefix}" in it, which
does not help.

Is there some way (straightforward nonhacking way) to
a) get an evaluated string into the config file (all variable levels
replaced)
b) pass the strings as define to the compiler call
c) something else

In the last three years I found no solution and always used workarounds.
Maybe one of you can help.

Ciao