Re: [opensuse-buildservice] add function: clobber Project (was: expansion errors for SUSE_Linux_10.0 + SUSE_Linux_10.1)
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:34:46 +0100
Hello,

on Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2007, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2007-02-14 10:10:46 +0100, Martin Mohring wrote:
{...]
> > - a package in a project is in deactivated state when it is added.
> > It must first be activated.
>
> you can do that in osc createpac already. there is an uncommented
> example disable block.
> when you create the package in the webfrontend you can click the
> disable link there.

... and hope you are fast enough. Or only create packages when the build
queue is long enough ;-)

Another idea: When adding new build targets, it should be possible to
disable this target in all projects by default. This could be done by a
checkbox on the "new target" page.

Reasons, usecases and examples:

Say I have updated a package for an older distribution and add the
latest openSUSE (which has a newer version already), I don't want to
build this package because it would in fact be a downgrade.
Example: courier-authlib in home:cboltz, which is only needed for <=
10.1 - 10.2 contains the changes I need out of the box

Another case is doing some experimental stuff like testing Fontlinge on
lots of distributions. This doesn't mean that I want to build all my
other packages for all these distributions.
Example: Fontlinge and Fontlinge-QA in home:cboltz

Yes, you can already disable the new target per package - and hope you
are fast enough (see above) ;-) - but this is not a real solution.
Imagine you have to disable a new target in a project with >50
packages...

A related feature request: The project overview page has a target list
including a [Remove] link for every target. It should also have a
[Disable] / [Enable] link to globally disable or enable a build target.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Eine "Sprache", in der man