[opensuse-buildservice] build hosts
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:34:47 +0100

Hi,

we do have switched now completely to XEN based build hosts.

There are sometimes some problems, when setting up the build system, when the
system is unable to create loopback device for some unknown reason.

When you observe any other problems, esp. during creating setup of the build
system, please send us the last lines and tell us when the build did run on
which build host. We are not interested in bug reports which happen before
this mail ;)

We do also plan a XEN update for all hosts, but it seems that the remaining
problems we do have atm are independent from xen ...

Please have some patience to get 100% working build hosts back, but when we
really have stabilized this, the system will work more reliable than ever
before thanks to the XEN chaining :) (and it is also another step towards the
opening of the build service).

have fun
adrian

PS: I will update the Factory distribution after the new XEN build hosts have
installed to do a full stress test for them.

PPS: yet another build host runs 8 new build instances ...