[opensuse-buildservice] new project: Slind tools
  • From: Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:43:40 +0100
Hi guys!

I'd like to add a new project to the OpenSUSE build service.

Our team at Siemens decided to go for an own, quite small Embedded Linux
distribution called Slind (targeted at least for ARM,PPC,MIPS and certainly
x86). It is - after some discussion - Embedded Debian based, but this is
another story.

As I'm in the SUSE fraction in our team ;-), I'd like to provide SUSE tools
for building target images et al. with it. Therefore, I'd like to add a new
OpenSUSE project for it.

Question 1: am I allowed to create such a project with osc and is it ok with
you? (I'm sure no-one is frustrated that we use the build service to in some
way support other distributions, otherwise you wouldn't have added support
for them, right? ;-) )

Question 2: I thought about either usind "Slind", "devel:tools:Slind" or
"devel:tools:building:Slind". Any preferences/objections/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Should someone be interested in Slind, please refer to
http://www.emdebian.org/slind.html or http://www.slind.org. But please beware
- it's all rather incomplete and in alpha/beta state...

--
Bye,

Gernot