Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Discussing notification mechanisms
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:09:05 +0100
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:23:55PM +0100, Rafal Kwasny wrote:
> On 1/11/07, Dr. Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >as we all know, commit notifications are one of the biggest next steps
> >which are needed to become productive.
> >
> >I think a CIA tracking system could be the right thing for us. Or at
> >least it could serve as a model.
> >
> >http://cia.navi.cx/doc
>
> I think that having good rss channels for every
> package/project/category is enough - writing and irc bot or generating
> web page from rss is very easy.

But CIA gives us these things for free, for people who might want it.

In addition, it offers more: the CIA tracker page has a "project page"
for each project, like this one here for the Apache httpd repository:
http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/httpd
Contrary to a simple RSS feed, it also has links to contributors,
statistics, and maybe more.

Regards,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)