Re: [opensuse-buildservice] storing mysql root password
  • From: "Manuel Arostegui" <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:24:33 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, December 21, 2006 01:06, Christian Boltz wrote:
> If you want to make it easy for your users, write a small script
> ("myapp_setup" or something like that) that creates the database.

Yeah, actually we´ve got an .sql file which can be run by:
cat pandoradb.sql | mysql -D pandora -u root -p

> For extra bonus, add some echo commands in the postinstall script that
> point the user to your database creation script.
>
> Advantages:
> - some lines of text output won't hurt in automated installation
> - it's still easy for the user to create the database
> - no evil hacks needed
> - users cann install your package without being forced to create the
> database (might be a rare usecase, but there are people who want to read your scripts without using
> them for example).

Yeah, I´ve already thought about some text, that´s an option, I agree.

> I can imagine some _really_ crazy ways to autoinstall your database, but
> they are that evil that I don't even want to mention them ;-)

I would like to know it :-)
If you prefer to contact me off the list, just do it. I will be pleased to hear that ideas.

Thanks

Manuel.