Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: games:data
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:10:22 +0100

11:05:21AM +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > are there any objections of creating the project games:data?
> >
> > The sole purpose would be to store DATA Blobs of Games (I'd start
> > filling it with DATA of UFO:AI, RC6 to be released soon).
> > The idea is to have inside only a SINGLE repository, with a name
like
> > 'GENERIC'
> >
> > This would allow to have the data file only built a single time.
The
> > disadvantage for the user (at the moment) is the need to subscribe
> > two repos for the game to come in. (also look at other posts from
me
> and
> > Adrian on this topic).
> >
> > But I think that's still the better deal than having the Data blob
(~
> > 160MB for UFO) built several times.
> >
> > Post your comments please.
>
> Looks ok to me. Against which repo/arch do you plan the packages in
> games:data? How do you plan to name this %repo-%arch? I suggest to
> link the packages in games:data in the project, where the non-data
> package resides, and disable the build of them in this project to
have
> it somewhat self-documented, what we're doing here.

Stefan,

The idea was to make a repository 'Generic' (name subject of
discussion) (in the Webinterface, add repo, advances, name Generic and
base it on SUSE 10.1/Standard)
I'd only activate i586, but that's just to have it compile anything.
The package anyhow is set as noarch.

The link from the games:strategy:turn-based to the other is basically a
good idea. Maybe I'll come back to you for some help with this (as I'm
only able to access the webinterface at the moment, the possibilities
are somewhat limited)

Dominique
< Previous Next >