[opensuse-buildservice] RFC: games:data
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:05:21 +0100
Hello,

are there any objections of creating the project games:data?

The sole purpose would be to store DATA Blobs of Games (I'd start
filling it with DATA of UFO:AI, RC6 to be released soon).
The idea is to have inside only a SINGLE repository, with a name like
'GENERIC'

This would allow to have the data file only built a single time. The
disadvantage for the user (at the moment) is the need to subscribe to
two repos for the game to come in. (also look at other posts from me and
Adrian on this topic).

But I think that's still the better deal than having the Data blob (~
160MB for UFO) built several times.

Post your comments please.

Dominique
< Previous Next >