Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GNOME:community [WAS: New project: usr-local-bin]
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:09:18 +0100
Dr. Peter Poeml píše v Pá 10. 11. 2006 v 16:04 +0100:
> Hi Stanislav,
>
> thanks for the details.
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 02:53:28PM +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> > I did a simple loop:
> >
> > for PACKAGE in $(<GNOME\:STABLE.lst) ; do
> > if ! test -d $PACKAGE ; then
> > PACKAGE=$PACKAGE EDITOR=/home/sbrabec/OSC/EDITOR osc createpac GNOME:STABLE $PACKAGE
> > fi
> > done
> [...]
> > After about 15 runs of this script it finally created all packages
> > except gnome-pilot. I did not search deeper for reason.
> > Typical problem was:
> >
> > File unchanged. Not saving.
>
> This means that osc successfully fetched the meta from the server, but
> EDITOR did not modify it.

I guess that EDITOR did modify it - even if pdb will fail, it will
result different XML.

> Ah, or rather osc _thought_ it was unmodified because it uses a simple
> timestamp to compare the file with. This is basically suitable for
> humans editing, because they need more than a second... I can change
> that to a real comparison. Meanwhile, you can add a small sleep ;)

OK. I'll do it.

> On the other hand, it would be even nicer if there would be a facility
> that wouldn't require you to work around with an EDITOR script at all.
> Noted in the todo.

Yes.

> > Sometimes it reported a HTML error (sorry, it is scrolled out just now,
> > but I guess it was 501).
> I have no idea about this one.

I suspect simpe HTML error (server did not respond in time, too many
clients or so) It was very rare and occurred only once or twice. I will
report it to you if it will occur again.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer