Re: [opensuse-buildservice] release number for moved packages
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:41:12 +0100
On 2006-11-10 11:34:02 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> 11:25:29AM +0100, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
> > > If we move or copy a package from one project to another, what
> > happens
> > > to the release number?
> > >
> > > I suppose, it starts to count from the beginning. Is that correct?
> >
> > It starts with the release number contained in the specfile.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I guess that is a not-yet-implemented theorie. Up to now, I've never
> seen BS using my Release-Number inside a spec file, but always replacing
> it with n.1 / n+m.1 (or by retriggering n.o / n.o+1)
>
> But it would be nice if at least the spec file would be respected (as
> on a local build, the spec file is fully respected for this)

i am getting tired to explain this. the buildservice _has_ to keep its
release number. if it would always honor the release number you could
get into the situation where you cant update your package as you have a
smaller release number. with the current way we guarantee your newly
build packages are always installable.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux