Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New Game in BS: Mars, Land Of No Mercy
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:13:28 +0100
Stefan,

+0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I just wanted to tell you that in games:strategy:turn-based I
started
> > to maintain the game
> > 'Mars, Land of no Mercy'.
> >
> > The game is in very early development stage but progress is being
> made.
> > If you think it's to early to put it in this prominent place, I
can
> > remove it again and currenlty only maintain it in my home.
> >
> > Give it a try, and post some feedback.
>
> # mars
> [ERROR] Image [ERROR]
> Couldn't open data/img/mars1_800.png
>
> Sometimes you get a Sig11 instead. It seems to work when you chdir
> /usr/share/games/mars first.

Stefan,

that's a knwon 'feature' for 0.2.0 (I wrote it in the changelog. Is
there a more prominent place?)
Discussion with the upstream team revealed, that the next version
(probably 0.3.0) should have this fixed so I can do a start menu item
without problem.

For the time being, I could step around this by creating a shell
script, that starts Mars.

What do you think about?

Dominique
  • No further messages