Re: [opensuse-buildservice] obviously not, so I`ll try again
  • From: Detlef Steuer <detlef.steuer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:03:00 +0100

so I´ll try again:

Hi,

what do others think of yesterday´s deal?
I have used and promoted SuSE nearly since the beginning. Once SuSE even used a screenshot of a very early programming effort of mine on their flyers (xgammon, maybe 10-12 years ago). But I´m extremly unwilling to support and promote(!) anything that tries to give MS _one_ _single_ additional dollar and actively works against the choice free software offers in the form of a multitude of distributions. SuSE shall be the best, so that others must play catch up, but those must have a fair chance and should not have to fear MS`s patent portfolio. Our friends are on the Linux side, MS so far "won" against all "partners".

Hell. I really like this Buildservice, it´s just great. But at that prize?
I´ve installed every SuSE Version since, don´t know, clearly in the first half of the nineties. I´ve installed it on hundreds of machines for friends and colleagues. But may be that´s over.

How do you feel?

A very nervous and sad user and developer,
Detlef