[opensuse-buildservice] GNOME:community [WAS: New project: usr-local-bin]
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:36:00 +0000
> what GNOME version/packages do you mean? If it is 2.17, it might be a
> good idea to package them.

To an extent, that would depend on what Stanislav's plans for
GNOME:UNSTABLE are - if that's going to be STABLE+1 then there's no need
for it. If it's going to STABLE for platforms other than Factory, then
GNOME:community could also include STABLE+1.

My train of thought had actually been thus:

Let's say metacity is at 2.16.3 in FACTORY and 2.16.4 is released with
an important bug fix. I (or another community packager) might be able
to package the update more quickly than a Novell staffer. Once the
FACTORY version was updated, the GNOME:community version would not be
picked up by package managers anymore but it could be a handy interim
measure in that sort of situation.
--
James Ogley
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://usr-local-bin.org