Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Statistics on downloaded packages
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:15:19 +0200

Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> > I think it would be a nice and nifty feature to get somewhat like
> > statistic, how many times (in specific timeframes) some specific
RPMs
> > have been downloaded.
> >
> > This could help also to put priorities for RPM Maintainers and
also
> > allow to decide what people seem to like / request most.
> >
> > Suggestions are welcome.... if any
>
> wont work ... we use mirrors heavily.

As far as I know, most poeple subscribe to
software.opensuse.org/download and from there a redirect to mirrors is
done. so still: your servers get the information what was requested,
isn't it? And in plus, the number has not to be 100% accurate (which no
statistic ever was!) but give an idea of what is needed and what was a
waste of time and would be a waste of time to continue maintaining.

Dominique