[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Repositories below http://software.opensuse.org/download/games:/
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:57:36 +0200

>>> Reply on 19-10-2006 14:59:08 <<<> Am Thursday 19 October 2006 13:06
schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > Some time ago (a bit more than a month) I sent this question and
> > apparently there were no answers or no ideas or nobody has seen a
> desire
> > for it, or I just missed them). So I try again. In case it was
> replied:
> > PLEASE EXCUSE ME.
> >
> > So:
> >
> > would it be possible to have something like a SuperRepo above the
> > repositories
> > below http://software.opensuse.org/download/games:/ ?
> >
> > This would allow someone to have ALL the categories in his
Installer
> > without the need to add them all seperately by category.
>
> I am not sure, if a super-repo makes sense, because you will run
very
> likely
> into dependency conflicts and multiple choices for one package. This
> would
> lead to lots of questions by the package solver.
>
> However, it would make sense to collect _some_ repos together, IMHO.

Sure, that's about what I meant; in GAMES: for example, you have just
some subcategories, but there should usually be no conflicting packages.

In no way I wanted to suggest that someone can subscribe to
download.opensuse.org and have it all. Nobody should be crazy enough to
do something like this

Regards,
Dominique
  • No further messages