Re: [opensuse-buildservice] spec files: package source: file or link?
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:37:36 +0200
Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2006-09-22 12:00:04 +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
>> Depends, my own build scripts can actually download the file (if it's
>> not locally cached yet) before triggering the build ;)
>
> and the build service soon too. there was a Google summer of code
> project for upstream integration. that should be part of it.

Great. Actually it's not that difficult to implement, as you "just"
need to parse the spec file and then trigger wget or curl on the URL +
copy the resulting download to SOURCES/

A cache would obviously be quite useful, as we don't want to download
the file with every build.

Maybe a fixed size disk cache and remove sources older than x days...
? (arguably the most complex part to implement)

Hmm... maybe using a caching proxy (squid) for downloading the Source
URLs would be a lot easier, as it already does exactly that, based on
the available disk cache size (which is even better).

It would also solve the "problem" that you have different build hosts
that would need to share the cache to make it efficient (obviously a
single squid host used by all build hosts is a _lot_ easier than
shared storage ;)).

> hopefully not too far away you have an button to do the version update
> and it will patch spec file and gets the new tarball.

Yes, possibly.

cheers
_\_v http://www.fosdem.org http://opensuse.org

< Previous Next >