Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal for project in root namespace: GNOME:*
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:48:15 +0200
Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2006-09-18 14:03:10 +0100, James Ogley wrote:
>
> > Also, would the point of EXTRAS be that we build the official GNOME
> > desktop, platform & bindings in STABLE/UNSTABLE and other GNOME apps and
> > libraries in EXTRAS? Which of STABLE and UNSTABLE would EXTRAS be build
> > against?
>
> you can build it against both just different target repositories. see
> the "Subversion" project in the buildservice. it builds against the
> plain distro repositories and against Apache.

I guess that 90% of extras does not depend on GNOME version and can be
build against STABLE and usable with both. Remaining 10% depends on
unstable (e. g. gimp-unstable) or is checking for two different versions
of the same library in configure and code inside is branched.

We can branch only this 10% to reduce machine resources or branch
everything to simplify use (and packaging).

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer