Re: [opensuse-buildservice] linking question
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 00:54:15 +0200 (CEST)
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Marcus Hüwe wrote:

> > > today i tried to link a package from another project to my project
> > > which wasn't a problem. Then i checked out the new package with osc
> > > but i only find a "_link"-file in the package dir. So how can i add
> > > a patch for example or how can i modify the specfile?
> >
> > Check out
> > http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=screen2&project=screen or
> > http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=openobex&project=OpenSync
> > as a reference of using links+patches.
> >
> thanks for your help but it doesn't work:
> For testing i created a simple patch for the specfile (see attached file).
> I put this file into my package dir and run "osc add patch" and "osc ci" (i
> tried it with the webclient too).
> I have no idea what i'm doing wrong :/

Oh, you need to modify the _link file as well :) That's why I was pointing
you to the examples that are already using it.

Here is an example:

<link project='home:cthiel1' package='openobex'>
<patches>
<apply name='mandriva-patch.diff'/>
</patches>
</link>

This one will just apply the patch mandriva-patch.diff on the
linked-specfile.

Here is another example, that's using the topadd option, which could be
used to define macros:

<link project="screen" package="screen">
<patches>
<apply name="patch"/>
<topadd># hello, screen</topadd>
</patches>
</link>

Actually, I'm not sure if we already document those features anywhere?
[There is quite some stuff in the backend, that's not yet utilized by the
frontends.

Regards
Christoph