Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Repositories and package lists?
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:54:17 +0200
Hello,

Am Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 17:15 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
> Am Friday 21 July 2006 14:50 schrieb Matthias Hopf:
> > is there a way to get a package list of a Build Repository?
> >
> > I want to build something using qt-devel, but that package does not
> > exist in Mandriva, Fedora, Debian - I would need to know the
> > package list, so I can find out that e.g. qt3-devel is available.

... and then tell the result to the build service team so that they can
add the mapping ;-)

> But an effective server side search will be possible, after Andreas
> had finished his database engine.

Sounds good.

I'd propose to include the Provides: from every package also - it
can be very helpful to find the needed package (and a Requires: that
works everywhere).

BTW: Adrian, did you already have some time for my "Preference for PHP5"
mail?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Unix-Systeme erfordern mündige Bediener und Admins. Wer nicht in der
Lage zu eigenmotivierter Recherche in den zig-tausend vorhandenen