Re: [opensuse-buildservice] KDE:/Backports/SUSE_Linux_9.3: some problems
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:09:15 +0200
On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 12:42:03PM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> First a general question: why don't the buildservice packages carry a
> packager? Well, yes, they're build by some scripts, but someone
> triggers that, e.g. by modifying the spec file. That one would be the
> one to put in. Is this unwanted for some reason or simply not yet
> tackled?

Who would be the packager if _I_ submitted a package and _you_ did a change to
it?

> 2) file /usr/bin/callgrind_annotate from install of valgrind-3.2.0-11.2
> conflicts with file from package kdesdk3-profile-3.4.0-7
> file /usr/bin/callgrind_control from install of valgrind-3.2.0-11.2
> conflicts with file from package kdesdk3-profile-3.4.0-7
> file /usr/include/valgrind/callgrind.h from install of
> valgrind-3.2.0-11.2 conflicts with file from package
> kdesdk3-devel-3.4.0-7
>
> Well, this is easily solvable manually by deleting the local
> kdesdk3-{profile,devel} packages, but at least a Conflicts: and
> probably a Obsoletes: entry in valgrind.spec would be much more
> convenient, don't they?

That would be wrong. valgrind does neither conflict with nor obsolete
kdesdk3-profile. It is just that the files you mentioned moved from
kdesdk3-profile to valgrind thus you should just upgrade both packages.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele Tel.: +49-621-181-2214
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx