[opensuse-buildservice] KDE:/Backports/SUSE_Linux_9.3: some problems
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:42:03 +0200
Hi *,

I just subscribed this list in order to ease complaining ;-)

First a general question: why don't the buildservice packages carry a
packager? Well, yes, they're build by some scripts, but someone
triggers that, e.g. by modifying the spec file. That one would be the
one to put in. Is this unwanted for some reason or simply not yet
tackled?

I've started using KDE:/Backports/SUSE_Linux_9.3 and found these
problems:

1) Missing Dependency: libqscintilla.so.5 is needed by package
kdebindings3-python

This is due to a missing current build of kdebindings3-python in this
repo.

2) file /usr/bin/callgrind_annotate from install of valgrind-3.2.0-11.2
conflicts with file from package kdesdk3-profile-3.4.0-7
file /usr/bin/callgrind_control from install of valgrind-3.2.0-11.2
conflicts with file from package kdesdk3-profile-3.4.0-7
file /usr/include/valgrind/callgrind.h from install of
valgrind-3.2.0-11.2 conflicts with file from package
kdesdk3-devel-3.4.0-7

Well, this is easily solvable manually by deleting the local
kdesdk3-{profile,devel} packages, but at least a Conflicts: and
probably a Obsoletes: entry in valgrind.spec would be much more
convenient, don't they?

Kept the problematic packages excluded from the update for now in order
to being able to test possible fixes in the next days..

Yes, I'm looking quite backward with using SuSE 9.3, but having to
admin/develop for some companies using this version on their (diskless)
KDE desktops, I'm forced to being conservative on changes - never the
less aiming to move on to KDE:/KDE3 aka 3.5.3 soon.

I wouldn't object an buildservice account to fix some of those problems
myself and moving some of my local packages into the public.. ;-)

Cheers,
Pete