Re: [opensuse-buildservice] disable build of packages
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:27:09 +0200
Am Thursday 08 June 2006 15:58 schrieb Christoph Thiel:
> Hi everyone,
>
> we have recently added a way to disable single packages to be built. The
> only way to disable packages at this time, is to use the 'osc' commandline
> client. Just use
>
> osc editmeta <project> <package>
>
> and add the <disable>-Tag to the package metadata. You can either use:
>
> <disable arch="<build-arch>"/>
>
> or
>
> <disable repository="<name-of-build-repository"/>
>
> or both, like:
>
> <disable repository="SLES9" arch="x86_64"/>

please post first a suggestion when changing/adding any xml files.

Please create a patch first for the following files:

./buildservice/docs/api/backend/package.xsd
./buildservice/docs/api/backend/package.xml
./buildservice/docs/api/backend/api.txt

and get the approval from Michael and Cornelius when you want to change
anything which is API related.

> As there is a bug/feature in the API that strips out unkown tag (like
> disable) when you'r redownloading the package metadata you'll find the
> disable-tags to have vanished. So, you need to readd those everytime you
> edit the package metadata until the API is fixed (which will hopefully be
> the case pretty soon.)

This would have been implemented, if you would have posted the above described
request ;)

Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

bye
adrian