Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Namespaces
  • From: Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:52:23 +0200
On Monday 05 June 2006 19:14, Richard Bos wrote:

> Including ":"? I think it is still possible to change the namespace
> seperator to something else than ":". This to prevent problems with
> programs like rsync....

I agree that we should try to avoid as many problems we can by choosing a
neutral namespace separator for the project names. Alternatives to ":" could
be the already mentioned "_" or "+" or possibly "." or "-". Looking at the
current project names only "+" wouldn't need any changes to existing project
names.

So what do you like better (using four existing projects as examples and
making character replacements where required):

":":
SUSE:SL-10.1
server:isc-dhcp
GStreamer_010