[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Namespaces
  • From: Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:35:05 +0300
On Mon 05 Jun 2006 11:30, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op maandag 5 juni 2006 10:16, schreef Peter Nixon:
> > > I already created a project titled "telephony" a few weeks ago, but
> > > would be happy to rename it to the server: namespace. (Clients are for
> > > wimps!) I think that Telephony is probably a better name than VoIP, but
> > > I am willing to go with consensus here...
> >
> > So, do these namespaces need to be specially created or can I do it from
> > the web interface? If someone can create either server:voip or
> > server:telephony and give me access to it I would be happy to move some
> > packages over there.
>
> Is a column in the name desired? I read that rsync does not like it, see:

Well, The namespace was not defined by me :-)

> <quote>
> That said, from the looks of it, putting a colon in a file path seems to
> trip up rsync somehow (unless I did not yet find a solution). The gwdg
> rsync server keeps maintaining the position that the service is unavailable
> as soon as I want to retreive files from the new KDE: repository on their
> OpenSUSE mirror... :-(
> update --- OK, Not killed. But by moving it to a new structure they broke
> my stuff. Bad. Thanks for lurchi pointing out that the colon can be
> replaced by a '?'-wildcard to make rsyncing work again...
> </quote>
> http://braincore.blogspot.com/2006/06/wtf-pee-ooh-d.html
>
> Well, it doesn't make things easier. Why not just use a "_" e.g.?

Yes. You are right, some of the forms of rsync commands no longer work, and it
took me a little while to figure out what did, but I am having no problems
with:

rsync repos.opensuse.org::buildservice-repos/home:/peternixon/SL-10.1/

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/