Re: [opensuse-buildservice] expansion error ...
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:06:55 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Am Thursday 13 April 2006 10:56 schrieb Stefan Gerlach:
> Hi,
>
> > I have added
> > also some mappings for the Fedora distributions, were the package names
> > are different. The mappings are:
> >
> > Substitute: db db4
> > Substitute: db-devel db4-devel
> > Substitute: te_latex tetex-latex
> > Substitute: xorg-x11-devel xorg-x11-proto-devel xorg-x11-trans-devel
> > Substitute: qt3 qt
> > Substitute: qt3-devel qt-devel
> > Substitute: kdelibs3 kdelibs
> > Substitute: kdelibs3-devel kdelibs-devel
> > Substitute: kdegames3 kdegames
> > Substitute: openldap2 openldap
> > Substitute: openldap2-devel openldap-devel
> > Substitute: xorg-x11-Mesa-devel mesa-libGL-devel
>
> I'm not very happy with this. This list may become very long.
> Maybe it's better to use different BuildRequires for the different
> distributions.

It is better to have one long list in the Fedora distribution than to have all
mappings again in each project.

> Anyway here are some mappings that i have found :
>
> Substitute: qt3 qt qt3-common

This would mean the BuildRequires for "qt3" would be replaced by a
BuildRequires for "qt qt3-common". But a qt3-common does not exist for
Fedora. Similar to the following macros

> Substitute: qt3-devel qt-devel libqt3-devel
> Substitute: kdelibs3-devel kdelibs-devel libkdecore4-devel
> Substitute: kdelibs3 kdelibs kdelibs-common

These have been added :

> Substitute: ImageMagick-Magick++-devel ImageMagick-c++-devel
> Substitute: ImageMagick-Magick++ ImageMagick-c++
> Substitute: audiofile-devel libaudiofile0-devel
> Substitute: gsl libgsl0
> Substitute: gsl-devel libgsl0-devel
> Substitute: audiofile libaudiofile0
>
> > The Mandriva distro does still miss a number of -devel packages, which is
> > causing the expansion error atm.
>
> Also SUSE has no gsl-devel package, but Fedora needs it.

SuSE has it for 10.1. But you are right for 10.0. I do map it to gsl there
now.

bye
adrian